Looking back, looking forward…..
2021 brought me:
- First ever pattern in a magazine
- Sewing through my stash, over 19 yards in the summer alone
- First quilt accepted into a juried show: View Arts in New York
- Two outdoor quilt shows with my local guild
- The Cabin Break quilt accepted in to 2022 QuiltCon
- A redesign of my website and blog
The past 3 years, instead of goal-setting, I’ve been choosing a word for the year. Last year’s word was “ease” and it worked for me. As challenges occurred, I tried to take it in stride with ease, with knowing that I would know the next best move. 2022’s word for the year is intention. I’ve noticed that while I can handle multiple demands at once, sometimes I catch myself running ragged. So with “intention” being my word, my hope is that I will really tune into what I REALLY want to say “Yes!’: is it aligned with my goals? When saying yes, what am I saying no to?
Here are some loose ideas I’m planning for 2022:
- Sew even more of my stash – Lately, I have been thinking about the environmental costs of my craft. I’m challenging myself to design quilts with my stash in mind.
- Quilt Designs: I want to explore secondary designs in my quilts. Besides alternating blocks, what are some other ways to create secondary designs?
- Website and Blog: I want to publish a monthly newsletter and be more consistent with more free patterns and/or blocks
And a few more ideas, that I’m still mapping out. Hang with me – I can feel that 2022 will be another fun year for creating!